Title: Meteorologist Intern / Social Media
Location: Remote (Work from home) however we are located in Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Job Description The social media and forecaster intern will be responsible for writing blog articles on our website carolinawxauthority.com as well as providing professional-looking forecast graphics. Stellar forecast accuracy is desired. This position will be remote, so no need to move or commute to work and schedule will be flexible. The intern will also be required to make posts on our official Facebook page, both articles and images alike. Proficiency in Photoshop and Powerpoint is required to make forecast graphics which will be used on social media and our blog. Writing and grammar skills are crucial to this position, as the intern will also be sending out emails to subscribers. The amount of current openings for this internship is one, but we may add another depending on growth. Apply today to help us grow substantially, so that you can secure a future with us, and potentially climb the ladder! Schedules are flexible and hours are not demanding, also you will be able to work from home wherever you are located.
Pay: 7.25/hour to start with possible raises based on performance and desire to go permanent after internship.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Has a journalism and news style of writing
- Ability to type and send mass emails to clients
- Demonstrated short and long-range forecasting skills
- Must be junior or senior enrolled in a Meteorology program at an accredited institution
- Must provide current resume
- Must provide writing sample
- Must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Attend college and/or reside in North or South Carolina
- Ability to record and upload videos
- Ability to record podcasts or talk shows
Email your resume with a short cover letter to: [email protected]
Or message our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/carolinawxauthority
Equal Opportunity Employer.